WHO ARE // THE CLARKES
Hi! WE ARE // THE CLARKES and here's where you can swot up on all things about us.
We're Anna and Simon and we met a whole 15 years ago and have been blissfully married for just over 8 of those years :-) (the wedding image up there is by Steve Gerrard). We have just had our beautiful baby daughter Eleanor Romy and are utterly head over heals in love. It's been totally life changing and we're excited for all the amazing good times ahead. We met before we were professional image makers, Simon was working in an office alongside being a superstar DJ and Anna was temping, Simon needed a temp, Anna was said temp, it was pretty much love at first sight! (everyone say ahhhhhhhh). We discovered we were both arty farty creative types both studying art and design and photography etc and we knew one day we wanted to run our own businesses and make money from creating beautiful things. Fast forward through a lot of hard working years and here we are now! We love being a creative team and shooting both photography and films and we're now super excited to see what the future holds with our beautiful baby girl as part of Team Clarke too!
Here are some more factoids about us:
- We live in Leamington Spa, a lovely town in Warwickshire.
- We have a gorgeous little girl Eleanor.
- We have two beautiful cats Mumford & Matilda.
- Anna is the cook, Simon is the cleaner.
- We got married in 2009 in the Cotswolds.
- We love exploring the world and travel as often as we can.
- We’re soppy sods and are often caught with ‘something in our eye’.
- We love food and wine, maybe a bit too much.
- We often break out into spontaneous dance.
- We are both members of the Pearl Jam fan club.
- Sometimes we have whole conversations in 'musical theatre' style song.
The get to know Simon lightning round:
- Bagel with bacon and cheese, Yes please, Get in my face!
- Volcom, If it has the stone I'll buy it...Sucker.
- I'm a little in love with Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam).
- Cheese joke enthusiast, not cheesy jokes, jokes about cheese.
- Nerdy about all things film and cinema.
- Christmas time is the best time, I get very excited. Mental age = 5.
- Apple OBSESSED. It's a slight problem. Not the fruit FYI.
- Passionate about all things music...I used to be a DJ don't you know!
- Friends (the TV show) addict. 'Unagi', 'We were on a break!' etc.
- Sunday's watching F1...bliss!
- I love Devon and generally being by the sea.
- Ale lover.
- I'm Continually plotting our return to New Zealand (Best. Place. EVER.)
You'll be a better person for know these things about Anna:
- Wine lover, Bread lover, Cheese lover, All together and I'm in heaven.
- I'm a crazy cat lady, Mumford and Matilda are our babies.
- Bit obsessed with stationery, pens are friends.
- Formula One nerd.
- Sandwich builder extraordinaire, always with extra gherkins.
- Masterchef contestant (donchaknow!).
- I'm a beach bum any chance I get. Beach sleeps are the best.
- Travel/marine photographer wannabe.
- Sun worshiper.
- Music fan, especially alternative, you'll often catch me listening to Pearl Jam, or Bon Iver if I'm feeling pensive.
- I have silver/grey/weird coloured hair.
- I like people who don't take themselves too seriously.
If you've made it this far and aren't bored by now, below are some films from recent travels and Simon's 1 Second Everyday project from last year. Enjoy!